The number of people turning towards video games for entertainment is staggering. Despite the millions of console sales throughout recent years, many people still stick to the PC for more serious gaming for a variety of reasons. One of which is the ability to upgrade the computer components to improve performance and visual appeal. The most significant impact on gaming quality is attributed to the graphics card. By upgrading this piece of hardware, both appearance and performance can be drastically improved. Instead of lagging on medium quality, check out these best gaming graphics cards to boost to the very high settings without hesitation.
Top 5 Graphics Cards
While NVidia is the most recognized company in the field for multiple reasons, other great options are available too, such as the following.
- NVidia GeForce GTX 980. There are more expensive and powerful options, such as there $3,000 Titan Z, but this alternative is one tenth of the price and more than capable of handling even the most serious of gamers. With the engine speed of 1126 Mbps and the memory clock speed of 7 Gbps, the speed is significantly boosted. The 4 GB memory and resolution support of 4096 by 2160 are also features that place this piece of hardware at the top of the GPU list.
- AMD Radeon R9 290. AMD is another popular company that dominates the graphics card market. The GPU clock speed reaches up to 1000 Mbps, and the memory amount can hit 4 GB. Those stats arguably put this choice just below the top spot. The 295X model is also available for even better results.
- MSI R9 280X. The clock speed of about 6 Gbps is quite substantial with features common to other high quality options, such as the 4 gigabyte memory. The HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort support opens the opportunity for an array of different display interfaces. The three hundred dollar price point is beyond reasonable.
- VisionTek CryoVenom R9 290. The need for water cooling support drops the rank this high performing GPU. However, anyone that requires this level of performance likely has a grasp on water cooling technology too. Additionally, the high cost will deter many from opting for this powerful option, but the power offered certainly justifies the price and more.
- AMD Radeon R9 270X. The casual gaming enthusiast will likely not require such a costly GPU. Luckily, AMD packed some of their advanced technology into lower end products to still maintain quality. While expectations cannot be held to that of the GeForce Titan series, the jump from base models is staggering.
For gamers looking to switch from consoles or upgrade their current machines, these cards will show the incredible visual quality offered by these incredible pieces of hardware. Options are available for those on a budget to someone with a good chunk of disposable income, but high performance is a characteristic common to every choice on the list above.